Water Quality India Association, Seal of Purity Product Certification Program
Seal of Purity Logo Policy
The ability to use the ‘Seal of Purity’ Registered Trademark (“Mark”) is one of the benefits of having a product certified with the WQIA product certification program. The Seal of purity Mark distinguishes products from those that have not obtained third party certification and assures customers of the adherence to the industry standards.
These Policies apply to all products that are Certified by the WQIA certification Program, as well as products that are not certified but are falsely using the ‘Seal of Purity’ Mark.
Ownership & Registration of the Seal of Purity Mark
WQIA Seal of Purity registered Marks are trademarks of the Water Quality India Association. The usage of the Mark is protected by the laws of India. Ownership and control of the Registered Mark, however used or applied and whether purchased or authorized, is with WQIA.
WQIA must preserve and protect the integrity and prestige of the Seal of purity Mark. Any deviation from these guidelines for the use of the Mark has the potential to cause confusion and damage the reputation of the Water Quality India Association.
In the event these guidelines are violated, WQIA retains the right to direct the user to cease use of the seal of purity Mark, and may sue to enjoin misuse by any user, whether WQIA Certified or not, member or non member of the association, to recover actual and punitive damages. It is the right of WQIA to determine whether these guidelines have been violated or whether the Seal of purity Mark has been misused.
Using Seal of Purity mark
The Seal of purity mark is used to identify those products that have undergone the certification process and are currently certified by the WQIA product Certification Program. The Seal of Purity Mark is also used for the following reasons: Product delineation‐distinguishes products that have been certified by a third‐party organization from other products in the marketplace.
Mark of Quality to assure consumers that the product adheres to industry standards.
Increased acceptance of products including by regulators and state officials and reassures confidence in the performance of the product.
Who CAN use the Seal of Purity Mark
Companies who have products currently certified and that have received written confirmation from WQIA to use the Seal of Purity Mark. The most current product listings can be viewed on WQIA website at www.wqia.org.
Who CANNOT use the Seal of Purity Mark
- Companies with products that are not currently certified in the WQIA Product Certification Program or who have received written notification of de‐
- Companies who are Members of the WQIA, but do not have any products certified in the Seal of Purity Product Certification Program.
- Companies, retailers, distributors, etc., that purchase already Certified products and sell the product under their own name and with either different model numbers or the same model numbers but do not obtain certification for their products.
- Companies with product certifications that have expired the specified certification period.
- Companies that do not agree to adhere to standard or Policy changes
- Companies with products previously listed in the Program but were de‐listed due to non-payment of invoices or violation of the certification Policies and/or Certification Agreement, or any other reasons.
- Companies who want to use the seal of purity logo on a piece of literature that disregards an industry accepted product definition.
Authorization to use ‘Seal of Purity’ Mark
Written authorization to use the Seal of purity Mark is sent to the company of a Certified product when the product certification has completed its evaluation of the product and has listed it at WQIA Website. The approved literature and Seal of Purity Certificate will be kept on the Customer Portal. Possession of a Seal of Purity Certificate or approved literature does not exclusively authorize a company to use the Mark. If a company does not comply with all WQIA Product Certification Program Policies then use restrictions of the mark, the ‘Seal of Certificate’ certificate is no longer valid.
No Company or person shall apply or use a Mark in connection with a product or represent in any way that the product is Certified, until authorization to mark the product is obtained.
Use of the Seal of Purity Mark on a Non-Certified Product
Companies using the Seal of Purity Mark on a non-certified product(s) will be instructed to cease and desist use of the Mark on the product(s) not Certified by WQIA. For a second such occurrence within a period of two (2) years, WQIA may withdraw Certification for all products of the company. Other appropriate enforcement action may be taken by WQIA.
What “Authorization” to use the Seal of Purity Mark means:
The Certification department’s evaluation has found representative sample of said system or component to be in conformance with a specific industry standard.
Only the model number and contaminant claims listed under the said company on the WQIA website are Certified and are authorized to be used in association with the Mark.
That the mark can be used on literature reviewed and approved by WQA, India.
NOTE: After “Authorization” is granted, not all applications of the mark need to be reviewed and approved by WQIA.
What “Authorization” to use the Seal of Purity Mark does NOT mean:
- That WQIA approves, endorses or guarantees any product, or in any way makes any express or implied warranties in connection with any product.
- That claims advertised either verbally or written other than those Certified by WQIA are truthful or accurate.
- That the company is a “member” of the Water Quality India Association and thereby authorized to use the WQIA membership logo.
- That the company may use the certification mark on any products other than those that are currently listed.
- That the Mark may be used on a non‐conforming product.